We apologize for the lack of recent posts, but we've just been waiting for Poppy to make his/her debut. We had another doctor's appointment today and Poppy seems pretty cozy and comfy with no immediate exit plans. I have been convinced that Poppy is going to arrive before Thanksgiving, but my doctor doesn't seem to think so. I told him that I've created too hospitable of an environment for Poppy and that maybe I should start drinking or smoking. Let's just say that my sarcasm isn't always appreciated.
Work has been interesting the last few days. There are a few individuals who feel the need to walk past my office every day to see if I'm still there and every day they stop and say "You haven't had that baby yet?" I'd love to respond "actually, my water just broke so if you all could boil some water and come back and help me deliver the baby, that would be great." Instead I smile and say "not yet".
We joke that Poppy thinks that I am an Extended Stay Holiday Inn, but we are fine with Poppy taking his/her time, we are just anxious to meet this little person.
Hang in there, Carey! You and BJ enjoy your last couple of weeks of freedom before you welcome the new love of your life! Can't wait to hear the news!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember waiting for Emma to arrive, Ryan and I would just sit there at night just waiting for something to happen. We didn't even really talk, just sat there staring at the TV. I kept thinking how will I know when it's time. You'll know, trust me! Good luck, we'll be thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures!!
ReplyDeleteWhile you are waiting, get as much sleep as you can and go out to eat!
ReplyDeleteThose last few weeks are rough--I only made it to 37 weeks and I was still getting the same questions!
Anxiously waiting to hear the news...no rush though:-) I know how those, "You haven't had that baby YET" statements can get a bit annoying. Especially at this phase, when you are ready to meet the little one and retake control of your body. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete