We've had a busy last couple of weekends with a visit last weekend from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bill and a visit this weekend from Nana and Papa Supple. Both sets of grandparents had the pleasure (?) of attending Charlie's toddler music class on Saturday morning, which usually results in Charlie jumping in the corner the entire time and BJ and I foolishly participating by ourselves.
The weather was great last weekend so while BJ and my dad golfed on Saturday afternoon, my mom and I took Charlie to the park.
Charlie had lots of extra hugs for Grandpa before they left...I think because his hugs are more like a tackle and Charlie loves all kinds of roughousing.
Yesterday, we took Charlie and BJ's parents to the pumpkin patch after Charlie's music class. We took the hay wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch and Charlie was enthralled to be that close to a tractor that was actually moving.
Three generations bound and determined to have fun at the pumpkin patch (ignore Charlie's scowl in this picture). The weather was great - it was sunny and breezy.
Maybe a little too breezy because our hair didn't stand a chance and Charlie refused to take his eyes off of the tractor driver when we were moving. I think that he would have ridden in the wagon all day if we let him.
Enjoying the corn maze. It wasn't long before Charlie decided to break in his new pants by sitting in the dirt and running the dirt through his fingers. I guess he's just a farmer at heart.
Venturing out into the pumpkin patch to pick out the best pumpkin that his dirty little hands could find.
I thought this was cute because I though that Charlie was taking a little break in the pumpkin patch but then I realized that he had tripped over the pumpkin vines and was caught. At least I got a picture before his panic really set in.Helping Nana and Papa scope out the pumpkins.
Following our stroll through the corn maze and the pumpkin patch, we went to feed some of the goats, which Charlie loved.
Absolute joy that the goats were eating out of his hand. This morning I had a blueberry in my hand and Charlie bent over to try to lick the berry out of my hand like the goats. Why is that he mimics the goats eating habits after a brief encounter but he's completely oblivious to the "toy picking up" habit that he's seen us do every night for the last 22 months?
I'm not sure which hair was crazier - the goat's hair or Charlie's hair.
Following the goat adventure, we took our crazy, wind-blown hair over to the ponies for Charlie's first pony ride.
There was one unflattering picture of BJ that I am not posting, but feel the need to explain.I kept reminding him to hold onto Charlie with both hands while he was on the pony. I think that BJ was saying "do you think I'm an idiot?" in the picture, which was probably the same time that he stepped in pony poop. I didn't feel that a verbal response was necessary.
Following a long day of music class and fun at the pumpkin patch, Charlie's head began to get pretty heavy and we headed home.
Thanks to both sets of grandparents for visiting us the last two weekends - Charlie loves the additional playmates!















I think you should include the embarrassing picture of BJ in your next post. I'm sure he won't mind! :-) Looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin patch & with all the grandparents!
ReplyDelete