Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011


I've fallen into some type of blog-induced coma following Charlie's birthday and the only reason I can think of is the high volume of cream cheese-based and chocolate-covered goodies that I've consumed have rendered me virtually useless.  Although the last few weeks are a little foggy, I think I can finally put together a few memories from the last few weeks.

The weeks following Charlie's birthday were filled with what I call "guess where I hid the apple slices" game that Charlie began.  A common hiding spot was the back of the little model gator that my parents gave him for his birthday.  The gator is usually parked in Charlie's barn so I gave him credit for the good hiding spot.

 On nights when Charlie was feeling particularly tired, the hiding spot that he chose was ridiculous.  On the seat of his tricycle, which sat two feet away from me.  We still went through the production of trying to find the apples but it took a lot of acting on my part.  I'm constantly trying to sniff out the smell of any rotting apples that I may have overlooked, but I think that we are in the clear.
 In addition to hiding his apple slices, Charlie continued to practice his beautiful smile, adding a move that result in him pushing in both of his cheeks to the point that his eyes aren't even open.  It is quite the look.
 Enjoying another one of his birthday presents - a tunnel that he typically likes to use to hide all of his toys.  Maybe I should be concerned about his desire to hide toys and food?  I guess as long as he doesn't find the candy bars that I have hidden in the pantry then I should be OK. 
 We went back to Cascade to celebrate Christmas with our families and the picture below is the only picture I captured of Charlie opening a present (this one was a big truck filled with little cars...perfect for the two-year-old obsessed with modes of transportation).  My lack of picture-taking is shameful. 
 The fun of opening presents resulted in Charlie konking out during the Chiefs football game on BJ's chest.  I think about 10 minutes into the nap BJ started to feel the heat of the additional 33 pounds that was sweating on his stomach but I told BJ that if he moved Charlie and Charlie woke up, BJ was going to get him back to sleep and the risk of missing some of the Chiefs game made holding the hot toddler seem like the better choice.
 Our first attempt at a family picture on Sunday morning.  We thought that the angle looked a little odd, but we were pleasantly surprised that Charlie had a semi-normal smile.
 Attempt number 2 where it looks like BJ's holding me captive and Charlie is starting to display his goofy, underbite/side smile trademark.
 A picture of the Gehl cousins in attendance at Christmas.
 Then we forced Grandma and Grandpa to join in on the picture-taking festivities.
Santa came to our house on Sunday night so we had the fun of opening Santa gifts on Monday, the 26th.  It's a little bit of a blur, but between Santa, the grandparents, and aunts, Charlie received many nice gifts and is a lucky little boy.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment