Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shoo Flu and 7 Month Update

Our household is climbing back from the depths of the stomach flu hell.  It all started sometime last Monday afternoon and Copper remain the only "man" standing throughout the week.  I washed my hands and used Purell so many extra times this last week that I am surprised that I still have fingerprints.  At some point I wondered if it wouldn't be easier to just burn the house down instead of trying to rid it of all of the flu germs.

Anyway, before the flu hit, we spent the last month waiting and hoping for nice weather.  When that never happened, we spent a lot of time working on new puzzles, having dance parties, playing balloon volleyball, making Lucy laugh, and reading Curious George stories over and over and over and over.  So far, Charlie is killing it on the dance floor.  The other night he put both hands on his behind and demanded that we "shake your bottom" - I have no idea where it came from but he pretty much mastered the major form of dancing that I've witnessed in the last 15 years.

Charlie and Lucy continue to do well and, minus the flu this past week and some ear infection issues for Lucy over the last couple of weeks, both are happy and healthy.  Lucy continues to laugh the loudest for Charlie and he continues to engage in any shenanigan to make her laugh - they are two peas in a pod which I hope continues forever.

The kids were being sweet one night after their bath so I tried to snap a decent picture.  Charlie is still sporting his black eye from running into a "friend" at daycare, but there's something sweet about kids in footy jammies.


Before The Great Flu of 2013 hit our house, Lucy turned seven months' old.  She's still a little peanut, as evidenced by the fact that I snapped her "7 month" picture when she was wearing the same jammies from her "5 month" picture.  Lucy is still doing great - she loves sitting on the floor and watching Charlie run around like a mad man; reading books; singing songs; trying to get Copper to acknowledge him; eating rice cereal, bananas, sweet peas, carrots and pears; and waking up (she gets so excited when she wakes up - it is too cute).  We took her back to her pediatrician this week to recheck her ears following an ear infection and she weighed just over 14 1/2 pounds so she is still a little thing, but she's a good eater and good sleeper, usually falling asleep around 7:30 and sleeping until 7:00.  She's a social little thing so I think that she'll really like being outside and going for stroller walks. 


Charlie was being "hilarious" while I was trying to take her picture and she couldn't help but watch him, so I wanted to include the picture below.

 I hope that my next post is filled with pictures from outside that do not include winter coats/hats/gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment