Thursday, April 18, 2013

8 Month Update

I blinked and Lucy turned 8 months' old earlier this week.  She continues to be a source of pure happiness and is often referred to as Baby Ludy (by Charlie who struggles with the "s" sound), Lucy Jane, Little Miss, Short Stuff and Girlfriend (when I'm feeling particularly feisty). 


Other than an initial rebellion when I switched her to formula last month (which is when I started the "girlfriend" reference such as "girlfriend, this is what you have to drink so drink up"), she is still easy-going.  She is a rolling fool and doesn't like to miss anything.  I don't know her length or weight now, but she is still able to wear 6 month clothes, so I'm guessing that she hasn't had a huge growth spurt.   Lucy loves books and music but her favorite activity continues to be watching Charlie or Copper.  She falls asleep around 7:30 and has been waking for a bottle around 5:30 before falling back asleep until 7:00.  The 5:30 bottle at 8 months old is a little challenging since she had been sleeping 12 hours, but since the formula strike of March, she still isn't drinking as much during the day as she previously was so she happily takes an 8 oz. bottle at 5:30. 

She gobbles up rice cereal and a few vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots) and bananas, but still doesn't love much of a variety.  We're at that point that where she loves to blow raspberries when her mouth is full of food so a bath generally follows supper.

We liked going for family walks last week when the weather cooperated so I'm hopeful that we'll be outside soon.

I don't have any recent pictures of Charlie to share but in the last few weeks he told me that my breath was stinky and that my suggestion that it was time for his bath/books/bed was "not a very good idea" so he has the honesty down pat but we need to teach him some sugar-coating techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment