Sunday, October 4, 2015

September


Well, I don't know what happened but I had a newborn baby yesterday, I blinked and he started kindergarten in early September.


The obligatory First Day of School pictures.  A lot of them!








Standing outside his classroom - he seemed a little nervous but didn't hesitate at all going in and finding his seat.

 Seeing the two of them tell each other goodbye was when I became teary.  They were so used to be under the same roof and crossing paths today.  Even now, a month later, Charlie will report that he likes kindergarten but that he misses seeing Lucy.  And almost every morning Lucy asks if it's her turn to go to kindergarten.  I plan to remind them of how much they liked each other when they are older and frustrated with one another.


We had a fun Gehl family day back in Cascade over Labor Day, which was a great opportunity to wish Claire an early birthday.

 Showing some Hawkeye pride on the day before the Iowa-Iowa State game.  Yes, our kids have Iowa and Iowa State gear and if I get my act together they will also have some UNI gear this year.  We have a lot of love for the in-state schools here!


A traveling LegoLand came through Des Moines and it did not disappoint.  Seeing as how our kids love to have their pictures taken next to statues and are crazy about Legos, there were many requests for me to snap their pictures.






Charlie just wanted to lay in the sea of Legos and soak them all in.

 Meanwhile, Lucy was distraught that she didn't find any pink ones in the pile.  Toddler girl problems.

 Lucy was pleased to discover that her cowboy boots matched her jammies and was only slightly crazed when I explained that she couldn't wear that outfit to school the next day.


The month wouldn't have been complete without a trip to the science center.  Our annual membership has been a great thing - it's easy to head there for an hour or two on the weekends and burn off some extra energy.

 On this particular day, Charlie managed to catch a "fish"...something that has eluded him for far too long.

If you thought that she was proud of her cowboy boots, check out this get-up.  With Lucy, more is more.  In fact, she'll often suggest that I add more accessories when I'm getting dressed for work.  I can only imagine the suggestions she'll offer as she gets older.

We ended the month with our first family trip to an actual Iowa football game when the Hawkeyes played North Texas.  The weather was warm but between dancing to the band and enjoying some snacks, I would say that it was a success.  I-O-W-A!

 Finally, some days it's too hard to stay awake for books, particularly if you're snuggling in our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment