Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm Smuggling a Pumpkin


Consider this evidence that Poppy is entering his/her final weeks of life on the inside. I've told BJ for the last 20 weeks that there is no way that my stomach can stretch any more...only to be proven wrong week after week. About two weeks ago cankles officially arrived at our house. I was putting my tennis shoes on to take the dogs for a walk when I saw my swollen ankle and thought, "Oh my gosh, I wonder when I twisted my ankle...weird that it doesn't hurt." Needless to say, when I recognized that giant ankle's twin (i.e. my left ankle) was equally large, I realized that my ankles were just swollen. This week, the waddle arrived at our house and I'm pretty sure that once you start to waddle, there is no going back until after d-day. We were at a wedding last weekend when a little girl came up to me, rubbed my stomach and asked if there were two babies in my stomach. I realized two things: (1) that despite the best parenting efforts, kids are some times inappropriate and (2) what the hell, I might as well eat that second piece of buttercream wedding cake. I'm not complaining though - other than a few mornings of feeling a little queasy, I've been really lucky and had an easy pregnancy. My next doctor's appointment is this Wednesday and I'm hoping that is when Poppy's Exit door is installed in my stomach.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad to be reading your blog. You look absolutely amazing also. Can't believe that in only a few weeks Baby Supple (Poppy) will be here. We are so thrilled for you guys. We miss you tons and Avery asked tonight about Bluejay (BJ) Take Care and I look forward to reading more about your little family. BTW-I'm adding you to my blog list:-) (if that's ok)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this morning as I was sipping my tea, I thought....it is November 1st, the month has come, and now it is so real. We just can't wait. Carey, you look beautiful. Hope Poppy is not kicking so hard. Please take care, I love this update, as we love you both. Grandma and Grandpa to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Jenn hijacking Stan and Jeve's computer so I can show Jan how to post by her own-self.

    More later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love the first 3 entries, Carey! You look great, and I can't wait to meet Poppy and read about him/her and your new life as parents on a regular basis! I added you to my blog list, too. Let me know if you don't want to be there!

    ReplyDelete