Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Large, In Charge and Still Representing




Just got home from our weekly doctor's appointment with no news other than Poppy is very "comfy and cozy". I still feel really good so we'll see if there's been any progress when I go back on Tuesday morning.

All along I have said that this is not a time to attempt to be fashionable and the attached pictures prove just that. My favorite outfit to lounge around in has become my "Cascade Basketball" sweatshirt from my 8th grade year (1994) and a pair of UNI sweatpants (complete with elastic around the ankles) that I purchased at Wal-Mart in Cedar Falls for $12 during my first weekend on-campus (1998). My only regret is that you cannot see that my name is embroidered on the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I like to think that even in my condition, I continue to represent the Cougars and the Panthers. Also note that when photographed from the front, I feel the need to take the "fight song" stance. Never mind that there is no way that I could do a toe touch or jump kick in my condition, but I could still sport a mean pair of jazz hands given a moment's notice.

We hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving as our little turkey continues to cook.

2 comments:

  1. You look great, Carey! Can't wait for the news of Poppy's arrival in the next week or so!! Hang in there! And remember- an epidural helps everything! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! We'll miss you guys today (but will gladly eat your share).

    ReplyDelete