


Above are some pictures of Charlie basking in love from Grandpa Steve and Grandma Jan, who made the 6 hour trek on Monday and headed back to Iowa yesterday afternoon. It was great to get to see them again and although he slept through most of the visit, Charlie quickly found his "nook" on both Grandma and Grandpa. We are anxious to take Charlie back to Cascade next week so that he can meet all of his cousins and get some more lovin' from both sets of grandparents.
After a lot of debate, BJ and I decided that Charlie should see his first movie today. Well, more like BJ and I really wanted to see a movie and since Charlie seems to have recently developed a case of narcolepsy during daylight hours, we thought we would roll the dice and see what happened. We went armed with pacifiers, blankets, bottles and told ourselves that we would just leave if he made a peep. Charlie did really well, slept through the first hour of the movie and when he made a little squeak I walked around with him out in the hall until he fell asleep again. Although he slept through 95% of Sherlock Holmes he did give two baby thumbs up when we asked what he thought about the movie. It might be a long time before we make it to another movie, but it was good for the employees of the movie theatre by our house to see me again in the flesh...I was starting to worry that they might issue an Amber Alert since they hadn't seen me in a few weeks. Besides, I'm sure that the first step in losing baby weight is a big tub of buttered movie theatre popcorn, topped off with some Hershey Kisses with almonds that I smuggled in the diaper bag.
Finally, a random picture of Copper and Ginger that cracks us up. Despite having her own "large dog" dog bed, Ginger will randomly situate herself on Copper's dog bed. In this picture, Copper was annoying her by trying to get her to play so she decided to ignore him from his throne. Thankfully, they are both still doing really well with Charlie and vice versa.

Wow- you guys are BRAVE (and maybe a little crazy), taking your newborn to a movie! That's awesome, and I'm glad it went so well. I bet all your teenage movie theater worker friends were so happy to see you guys again. : ) Loved the pictures of Steve and Jan with Charlie- so precious. And the Copper/Ginger pic cracked me up, too! Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteOh Ginger! What a doll! Glad Charlie liked Sherlock Holmes!
ReplyDelete