We were discharged from the hospital yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and have been enjoying home ever since. Both Charlie and I were beginning to think that we lived at the hospital - we were both bright-eyed and gawking at the outside world on the 10 minute drive home.
Our first 24 hours at home have been great. I think everyone is enjoying some uninterrupted sleep and just generally having our own space.
The "meet your siblings" introduction yesterday also went well. Ginger was happy to see us and has been parking herself next to the pack-n-play or outside of Charlie's room in a laid-back, motherly mood. Copper isn't sure what to think. He hasn't shown any signs of aggression, just looks at BJ or I for reassurance when Charlie starts to cry, but has otherwise ignored him. If I hear him head out to the garage and start one of our cars, I'll be concerned, but everyone seems to be ok.
Below are a few pictures of us checking out of the hospital and Charlie in his "going home" outfit. As Ty Pennington of Extreme Makeover Home Edition would say, "Welcome home Charlie, welcome home."

so glad to hear that things are going well. Looking forward to lots of pictures of your little guy.
ReplyDeleteMax's first comment at seeing the top picture was, "He has an oval head." Not judgmentally, just noting what he considered to be an anomaly. We discussed that he too, rocked the ovalhead for quite some time. Anomaly no longer...
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the canine siblings are doing well. Can't wait to see you guys!!
I'm glad that Copper and Ginger are adjusting. I hope you're getting some sleep! Great pictures, too. Keep 'em coming!
ReplyDelete