Seeing as how every time I've told this story in the last few days, it has averaged around 45 minutes in length, I'll spare you some of the details. I recently accepted an in-house position with Iowa Health Systems in Des Moines and BJ will be the Director of Fundraising for the American Heart Association's Des Moines office. We are both extremely excited about these new opportunities, especially since my position should be pretty working-mom friendly, but also because we will be closer to family and so many friends. Don't get me wrong, we've been incredibly lucky in making some lifelong friends here in Kansas City, which is all the more reason to come back and visit often.
We are moving in less than two weeks, have had our house on the market for just over a week and received a respectable (as respectable as possible in this market) offer last night. We've already signed a 6 month lease in West Des Moines, so we have some time to do a little house hunting. I gave my notice today to my firm and everyone was extremely gracious and nice. With everything that's been going on, BJ and I haven't gotten much sleep and for once, Charlie isn't to blame. Needless to say, its been a whirlwind.
In other big news, Charlie tried rice cereal for the first time the other night and gave it two baby thumbs up. He ate almost 3/4 of a cup the first time. Let's just say that he won't have any problems cleaning his plate.
And in honor of St. Patrick's Day - Erin Go Bragh (I have no idea what that means)
The delay with my digital camera continues to taunt me. Frustrated with the lack of any "smiling" photos, I started videotaping random interactions with Charlie. I'll prove that he had a happy childhood if it's the last thing I do. I would attempt to post some clips on the blog, but my voice sounds like a high-pitched elementary aged boy and I don't want to frighten the neighborhood dogs anymore than I need to.
On a final note, having a child has made me ask myself some tough questions. Namely, why in the heck do my hands look like they belong on a 70 year old? Note the picture above with spoon in hand. Seriously, if my face is aging as rapidly as my hands, someone please help.
Well, I'm off to dream of a sold house and botoxed hands.
Yay! We are so excited for you guys to live here!!! Good luck getting all the loose ends taken care of!
ReplyDelete