I was busy explaining that pumpkin seeds may look like they would be good to eat, they were gross and presented a choking hazard. I think he started to shred the newspaper while I was giving my lesson. We have got to work on increasing his attention span.
I was trying to get a pick of Charlie with his pumpkin but he was more interested in patroling the neighborhood from our deck door. Good luck trying to tp our house or let your dog relieve him/hersellf while Charlie's on the watch - he's vigilant my friends.
BJ and I won't win any contests, but the last pumpkin I carved was in 2nd grade at Emily Kearney's house so it had been awhile.
After much debate over what his costume should be (more like me tossing out ideas to BJ and him shooting every idea down), I bought a puppy costume for Charlie. I knew that we wouldn't take him trick-or-treating, but the daycare planned a halloween parade through the hospital and I plan to dress him in as ridiculous/cute costumes as I can before he starts voicing his opinion.
Here he is thinking - this feels OK, but I think there is something on my head.
Here he is thinking - this is not OK. Both of you are laughing and I hate my costume. See, I'm already voicing my opinion.
I decided to stop by the daycare earlier today to help him get ready and loaded up for the Halloween parade. I thought seeing his little friends in their costumes would be a good distraction. It worked for a few minutes. Please see the progression below. Happy, then sad, then fine without the "ears" on, then sad the minute I try to put his ears back on.
Here's to hoping that everyone has a successful trick-or-treat and that no one makes you wear a puppy costume.
No comments:
Post a Comment