Monday, October 4, 2010

10 Month Update

Charlie Boy turned 10 months old yesterday and snapping a decent picture of him should become an Olympic sport.  We took a couple of pictures tonight right before his bath so he wasn't moving as quickly as he was earlier in the day.





I'm sure I've already written this, but he really seems more like a little boy than a baby.  He was crawling over me the other day and tooted loudly twice in my face before proceeding to giggle.  I gave him my best stink eye (no pun intended) told him that it was inappropriate.  I have a feeling that that may have been the beginning of many toot/giggle/reprimand conversations between he and I because God knows that BJ won't be disciplining that kind of behavior.

At 10 months, Charlie is a crawling machine and is starting to pull himself to a standing position.  Lately, he will suck on his bottom lip or tongue while he's crawling around and other than me worrying that he'll chap his lips or skin, it's pretty cute.  Charlie is busting out of most of his 12 months clothes, but the 18 months clothes are a little too long, so we'll be sporting some rolled sleeves and pant legs for awhile.

He still loves looking at books and listening to music.  At times, it seems like he eats a lot of table food, but very little the next time.  He has also started dropping food to watch Copper gobble it up, but to make matters worse, he usually holds his little hand off to the side, raises his eyebrows and wait for one of us to say "don't drop it - you eat it" before smiling and dropping it on the ground.  After we say "no" he has even had the audacity to try to give us a high 5.  He finds himself very funny.  Despite Charlie's generosity with his food, Copper remains convinced that Charlie is the worst thing that has happened to this family since he was neutered back in 2003. 

Charlie started the bad habit of rubbing his nose or mouth on my shoulder when I am holding him, which normally wouldn't be a big deal except for last Thursday, or Booger Day as I now call it.  I had a meeting out of office on Thursday morning so I quickly gave Charlie a hug as I headed out the door in my black suit.  I sat through the two hour meeting while facing three people across the conference table the entire time.  When I went back to the office, someone said, 'Oh Carey, you have some lint on your shoulder."  I slowly looked down and realized, with horror, it wasn't lint, it was a booger.  I guess Charlie just wanted to send a little piece of him with me during my meeting.

Below are a couple of random pictures I snapped while he was crawling toward me and while he pulled himself up to watch the water fill his ducky tub.  I was singing rubber ducky and he was shaking his little butt the entire time.


We were back in Cascade this past weekend to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary.  I failed to snap any photos, but we had a photo session with both families on Saturday, so I figured that Charlie deserved a break from the papparazzi-like atmosphere.
Here's to hoping that you all had a great, booger-free weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie- beware the Fart Nazi! :-)

    BTW, I love seeing Charlie's chubby body!

    ReplyDelete