Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Think He Likes It....

So the ziti recipe that I tried yesterday was a huge hit with Charlie.  We had to keep telling him to slow down and for the first time in a long time, he didn't share any with Copper.

After 9 ear infections in 8 months, Charlie got tubes on Thursday, something that I've been lobbying for a couple of months now.  It was extremely quick and the most "difficult" part was keeping him entertained for the three hours between him waking up and the procedure, without giving him anything to eat or drink.  While we were hanging out in the pre-op area, a little girl was getting ready to be taken to the cancer center for her surgery so we felt extremely lucky to be there for such a minimal procedure.  Charlie was a little out of sorts on Thursday morning, but seemed much more like himself after a long nap and big lunch.

We've been assured by numerous nurses/doctors that he'll become a much better eater after getting tubes...I thought the fact that he already weighs 25 pounds would be obvious to them that eating hasn't been an issue.

Here's to an ear-infection free (?) winter!

1 comment:

  1. If Charlie's tubes are anything like Reese's it'll be a life savior for you guys!!! I'm glad the procedure went so smoothly. We hope you feel better very soon Charlie Boy!

    ReplyDelete