Sunday, November 21, 2010

This Wasn't In The Book...

So the parenting books that I've been reading stress the importance of giving babies plenty of opportunities to learn how to feed themselves, no matter how messy it gets. So yesterday morning when I gave Charlie a little yogurt in a bowl with a spoon, I expected a mess, but I did not anticipate
how bold Charlie would be while creating the mess.


When I first turned around from the sink, he was holding the bowl over his head, as if to declare, "I have all of the power in this situation  Mommy.  Just go back to slicing the banana and don't worry about what I'm doing over here."


Next, he was threatening to throw the bowl on the floor...nevermind that all of the yogurt was already on his face and jammies.

I give him an "A" for trying to create a Santa beard.  Very festive.

He had the audacity to smile and laugh when I asked him to hand me the bowl.

And to top it all off, he handed the bowl to Copper to lick.  Needless to say, Charlie went straight to the tub, the jammies went straight to the wash machine and the bowl went straight to the dishwasher.  I'm not sure what to do in these situations, but something tells me that I shouldn't be laughing and taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment