I've been on a little blog hiatus, which directly relates to my picture-taking hiatus.
Last weekend my sister and her family came for a visit. After spending a little time in our neighborhood pool (where Charlie feared for his life), Molly and I loaded up the kids in her minivan to go to dinner. On our way to WDM, we were debating between The Cheesecake Factory and Red Robin and at the last minute we decided to go to Red Robin, just "in case" Charlie had a hard time sitting still for dinner. There was no "just in case" about 10 minutes in to dinner. I was that lady in the restaurant who was holding her screaming toddler, while still trying to eat my dinner. It wasn't pretty but I think that glares from The Cheesecake Factory patrons would have been much more judgmental than the Red Robin crowd. There is a giant red bird in the middle of the restaurant and balloons are freely distributed...if you were expecting a romantic night out, we ruined it and you shouldn't be too upset.
During the weekend visit, Charlie remained stoic during all group photos, only to flash a huge smile the minute after the picture was taken. If I didn't know better, I would assume that these 3 happy-go-lucky girls were holding him hostage instead of entertaining him the entire time.
We didn't have anything planned this weekend so we all caught up on some much-needed sleep. Charlie only has his pacifier when he is in his crib and I originally planned to break him entirely of the habit at 18 months but I chickened out. I think that he's pretty happy that I am a coward.
We hope that everyone was able to stay cool and well-rested this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment