Thursday, August 11, 2011

Old Friends

After making some new friends in Kansas City, we spent this past weekend in Guttenberg for our annual "Wartburg" weekend with our old friends. 

The guys of the group (plus Zinn..the only Wartburg alumna in the group) have been together since 1996 with the rest of us wives joining shortly thereafter.  We've been together through dating, engagements, weddings, becoming parents, vacations and so let's just say that there aren't many secrets in the group  We can pick up right where we left off and more importantly, we can be brutally honest with each other.  It is both hilarious and frustrating at the same time.

We had a great time boating, golfing, driving a golf cart around Abel Island and just catching up. 

This was Saturday morning when we played a Divorce Open, which basically meant that you took turns hitting a shot with your spouse.  The only rule of the game was that in order to play you had to be willing to divorce your spouse if the game didn't go well.  We all participated...we're a little competitive like that.
 Sarah and Jenn O on the course. 
The entire crew at dinner after a day of boating.  I think that the bartender's name was Ted and I told him that I would take his picture but I forgot.  I hope that he isn't mad.

Kevin (Arch) and Jenn A.

Birdie (Mike) and Zinn (Sarah)

Troy and Jenn O.

Laura and Me (photo bomb by Troy and Jenn O).

The girls (photo bomb by Troy).  I'm not sure why I was making the Price Is Right model hand gesture.  I think it means that I'm fond of this group of girls.

Laura and Dave - I have many good photos of Dave from the weekend but because he has a "career", I will refrain from posting those here.  You're welcome.


BJ was busy picking out tunes for all of us to enjoy  - BJ the DJ...some  things will never change.

After all of that fun, some of us were sleepy.


It was a great weekend and fun to catch up with these friends.  We may not see each other as often as we would like, but they are a group of people that you could call if anything came up and they would show up at your door ready to help...with plenty of cold beer. 

Thanks to both sets of grandparents for watching Charlie over the weekend - we know that he had plenty of TLC and we appreciated the opportunity to act young and foolish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment