Monday, May 7, 2012

FAQs


I haven't updated the blog for awhile because I've been answering too many questions.  What you doing Mama?  What you eating Mama?  Where you going Mama?  Where Copper go Mama? What's that Mama?  These are the most common questions that I am asked every day and BJ faces his fair share as well.  Charlie's selective hearing continues to do very well as he can ignore me when I tell him that it is time to get dressed/brush his teeth/leave for school, but the minute I try to open the Chips Ahoy bag I have two big blue eyes staring at me asking, "What you eating Mama?"

Charlie's favorite place to be these days is outside.  We are starting a major landscaping project in a few weeks since our current backyard is basically a death trap (picture a hill down to a pond and next to a busy street), so in the mean time we spend a lot of time heading to the park or riding his tricycle up and down the sidewalk.  We've also managed to sneak in a few snacks while sitting in the backyard.  The picture below is not the greatest picture of Charlie, but I demand to know who replaced my little boy with this big kid.

 Charlie is a mad man at the park and his legs are full of scrapes and bruises to prove it.  The kid has no fear and I just hope that a few bruises and scrapes will be the worst of it.
 Charlie sporting a post-park sweaty/sunscreen-filled hair do.  The poor kid is going to spend the summer slathered in sunscreen and sweaty.  Oh well, I guess we'll save on hair products.
In other news, I have considered Copper close to death at least 5 times in the last 3 years.  We made the decision to stop the allergy "treatments" since he was still miserable and shoving 3 pills down his throat each day that may or may not make him vomit wasn't a lot of fun.  Instead, we are now giving him the strongest steroids possible.  The steroids will likely lead to liver and/or kidney disease, but the allergy medicines weren't working any more so we figured that it is better for him to enjoy the last few months of his life hyped up on steroids than hiding under our bed trying to bite his legs off.  Well, old Squirrel Pup has other plans because a few weeks into the steroid treatments, the ISU vet has declared that he has never looked better and that he could live for years.  Really?  Here I was picking out a burial plot at Steve and Jan's farm.  Not that I want him to pass to the other side but I was considering our actions to be hospice-like.  Instead, we seem to have found the fountain of youth for him and he is back to his spunky self.

Finally, Sweet Pea continues to do well.  I can't believe that I am almost 25 weeks along as the time has flown.  I started my unofficial nesting last week and declared at the office that I was going paperless before shredding approximately 3 boxes worth of documents.  My assistant looked frightened and begged me to sift through the documents before they met their demise but I was determined.  Granted, I was wishing that I had a few old notes today when I was at work, but God knows that I have too much pride to admit that to her.  The nesting attitude continued this weekend because I created a whole list of items to organize/purchase before Sweet Pea's arrival.  In fact, at one low point during my sanity, I contemplated buy a lamination machine so that I could laminate all of the labels that I plan to make with my label maker. 

The craziness continued into my dreams over the weekend.  On Friday night I woke up, turned on our bathroom light and then proceeded to wake up BJ, demanding to know why he put an onion on our ceiling.  Much to his bewilderment, I repeated the question about 3 times before he told me to go sell crazy someplace else, we were all stocked up here.  Last  night, I dreamt that Kris Humphries (Kim Kardashian's ex husband) was hanging out at our house to avoid all of the negative publicity that he was receiving.  I tried to be sympathetic to Kris and his first world problem but grew so exasperated that I begged BJ to return him to Chattanooga.  None of this makes any sense.  All I know is that if Charlie's next question happens to inquire as to who placed the onion on the ceiling, I hold myself accountable.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, I am cracking up! Love your posts, Carey!

    ReplyDelete