Anywho, we've done some fun things this summer. My brother, Marty, graduated with his B.S. in Business Administration (with honors) a few weeks ago so we went back for a well-deserved celebration. We snapped a quick family picture on Saturday night after a celebratory dinner...
and I tried (in vain) to catch some decent photos during the actual graduation ceremony on Sunday. Sadly, the picture below was the best picture and while everyone in the photo is blurry, I'm proud to point out that Marty (the only person that I really cared to see graduate) is the least blurry person. Raw photographic talent my friends.
In other news, we continue to prepare for Sweet Pea's arrival in mid-late August. The nursery has been painted, existing baby goods have been found/cleaned/sorted, a pack of newborn diapers have been purchased and girl bedding (if we should need it) has been picked out. Charlie can even say the names that we have picked out in the event that Sweet Pea is a boy or a girl. By God, I think that we are almost ready.
Charlie continues to love to spend time outdoors, which is always followed by a soak in the tub. He continues to work on his stand-up routine. Tonight he put bubbles on his head, declared himself to be Santa Claus and repeated "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas" about 10 times.
He loves the water and was happy to dump bowl after bowl of water over his head, which makes washing his hair pretty easy these days.
The weekends have been pretty fun-filled with trips to Cascade, visits with grandparents and the Heart Walk last week (good job BJ). And I get overwhelmed with trying to recall all of the details so I'll just leave it at that.
Finally, I've been asked by some if this pregnancy is similar to my pregnancy with Charlie and I would say that it has been pretty comparable. Perhaps the most glaring similarity is that I ran into the side of our garage the other day when I came home from work. I was kind of expecting to hit something with the car at some point, so it didn't even phase me. In fact, I came into the house, greeted Charlie/Copper/BJ, ate dinner with everyone and forgot about it for awhile. A couple of hours later, I told BJ, "Oh yeah, I ran into the garage when I came home tonight" as nonchalantly as if I had asked him to pass the ketchup. His eyes went all wide and he asked if I was serious and I assured him that I was. Then I think that I concluded the conversation by saying something like "oh well" and that was the end of that. Luckily, the damage to the side of the garage is minimal (although undeniable) and the car seems to be fine. Deep down I feel like the next 2 months could be ripe with potential for more damage.




No comments:
Post a Comment