
This is going to be brief, as the Editor-in-Chief is napping, and I don't want to compete with her amazing blogging skillz. So I'll just share some pictures of our handsome and quite large Charlie. But lets backtrack a little. The picture above was taken when we were told that after 20 hours of waiting for Carey to dilate to 10, she wasn't going to get past 8 anytime soon. So insert the "C" scenario. Off she goes at 11pm, I was told they will be in to get me in about 15 minutes. The 15 comes and goes, and finally they say, "sorry, we need to put her under and you can't be in the room for delivery." Ugh. Right around 12:20ish, in walked 2 nurses with a baby and told me he was mine. I had to take their word for it, and after being stressed for about 30 more seconds, they passed Charlie to me, and it was over. Waterworks. Unbelievable feeling. Charlie and I hung out for a while, and around 1:15 they wheeled in the mother.
Carey will have more from here, but enjoy the pics and we look forward to sharing Charlie with all of you soon!


Wow...what a delivery story. I'm sorry it didn't go the way you all had planned, but wow....look at that gorgeous little man. We can't wait to meet him. Big hugs to you all.
ReplyDeleteLove his cheeks; what a cutie! Congratulations to you both! Can't wait to meet him and hear more stories!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear the delivery was LONG and that it ended with a C-section, though I know that's what Carey thought she wanted all along anyway! : ) Charlie is so adorable- I can't believe all 9+ pounds of him fit inside Carey's tiny little frame. We, too, cannot wait to meet the little guy! Congratulations to you guys- let the fun begin!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Well, not the long part, but the result! So happy for you guys - Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteOpened the page to the first pic of Carey and went, "ohhhhhhh." Read a bit. Scrolled to see the first pic of Charlie and went, "Holy Crap!!!!!" Laughed out loud. Not LOL. Then, "Sweet Potato Pie, THAT is a baby." I believe you mocked me for producing a newborn toddler. Backatcha. You are a incubating wonder, my dear.
ReplyDelete