BJ is very focused when packing/loading, so many items were loaded into Steve and Jan's trailer before I had the chance to deem them "No need for the next few months - to storage in Cascade" versus "Cannot live without - must go to Des Moines". Let's just say that I've come to realize that neither Copper nor Charlie were sent to Cascade to be stored for the next few months, and that is all that matters. I'm sure that after repeating that line over and over again in my mind the next few days will help me believe it.
Charlie's first week at his new daycare went really well, as did my first week at Iowa Health System. Everyone has been very friendly and its been a great move for us so far.
For most of the week, Charlie was protesting sleep, but on Thursday night he crossed the picket line and only woke up twice (which was a major accomplishment compared to waking every 45-60 minutes). Not to be outdone, Copper was protesting his kibble and refused to eat anything since we arrived in West Des Moines last Sunday. I finally broke down and bought him new kibble last night and he happily gobbled it up last night and today.
The last couple of weekends have been really busy between packing and unpacking, but we owe many thanks for our family and friends for helping us load and unload. We are especially grateful to Steve and Jan who made not only one, but two trips to Kansas City with their truck and trailer and who are also storing the bulk of our things in their storage room for the next few months. We doubt that they planned to run a mini U-Haul business during the first year of their retirement, but we surely appreciate it.
Steve and Jan came as far as West Des Moines on Friday night and as you can tell from the photos, they completely ignored Charlie and Copper.
In other random news, I've been wondering why Charlie seems to be sporting a Jennifer "Flashdance" Beals shoulder in some of his outfits lately. Earlier tonight I saw BJ undressing Charlie for his bath and noted that BJ pulled Charlie's outfit down over his waist instead of pulling them over his head. Intrigued, I asked what he was doing and he firmly told me that taking Charlie's outfit off that way was "better for Charlie and for me because he won't cry." With reasoning like that, expect to see Charlie playing with matches and running with a pair of scissors in the near future.



We are glad to hear Charlie is sleeping better, Copper is eating, that your first week at work went well, and the rest of the move went well, too. I can totally hear you guys discussing the shirt removal method- hilarious! We love having you guys nearby!
ReplyDelete