Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun With cousins

My sister Molly, brother-in-law Mike and their three girls (Emma, Claire and Hannah) came to spend the night with us on Sunday.  It was pretty low-key - we swam in a neighborhood pool and hung out at our house, but Charlie loved the extra attention.
Charlie was a little zoned out after swimming, but it was either a picture of him staring blankly at the camera, or of him pulling Emma's hair, which was a favorite activity of his.

Emma even managed to get Charlie to eat some of his veggies.  It's crazy for me to see them both in this picture because I can still remember so clearly Emma sitting in her high chair and eating baby food.  I know, I know, it was also uphill both ways back then, yada yada.

If you can't read my nearly invisible sign, please note that it says "8 Months Old - 8//3/10".  At eight months, Charlie has become obsessed with watching Copper.  In fact, we finally had to pick Copper up and wave him above the camera to try to get Charlie to look in the camera's direction.  Copper really liked that.
Luckily, Charlie's been feeling good lately so he's been a pretty laid back litle boy.  He barely fusses and it is usually when we aren't giving him Gerber puffs quickly enough or right before he goes to sleep.  Charlie still loves his bottles, but has started to be really picky about his baby food.  Don't even try to slip vegetables past his lips - he will give you the stink eye and purse his lips like there is no tomorrow.  As Miss Ann from daycare says, "that Charlie - he drinks his bottles lightening fast."  We keep assuring him that they will make more formula, but he's not buying it.

Charlie still isn't much of a napper, but he usually goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until 6.  We usually hear him kicking and talking in the mornings and then the clock starts to run to get his bottle ready.  Let's just say that when he's hungry, patience is a foreign concept.  He still isn't showing any interest in crawling, but he will get up on his arms and roll like there is no tomorrow. 

I feel like he's really starting to play with his toys and show preferences for certain toys.  He loves to play peek-a-boo and will happily yank on anyone's hair if given the opportunity.  He takes a little cat nap on the way to daycare most days, but if he stays awake and we aren't talking to him or playing music, he grunts until we find a song on the radio. 

I still visit him at daycare most days and its great to be able to watch him interact with the other kids.  So far, it is still smiles when I come and go, but I realize that may be changing in the near future.  Below are some outtakes from this evening's photo session.  I might have to start taping the sign above his head so that he doesn't try to destroy it.




1 comment: