Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Random

We had some fun visitors this past weekend.  Grandma Jan, Grandpa Steve and Great Grandma Kate came for lunch on Saturday for a couple of hours and Aunt Molly, Uncle Mike and the "girls" (Emma, Claire and Hannah) came later Saturday afternoon and spent the night with us.  Claire also gave us our first official May Day basket and a drawing of her interpretation of a lawyer (which I proudly displayed in my office) and both were awesome.  Thanks again Claire! 

There were many opportunities for some good pictures but I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout video last week so I was unable to make any sudden movements and grab the camera.  I thought that lugging around a 30 lb. toddler would result in some muscle mass but shockingly, it did not.

I snapped a couple of pictures after dinner tonight of Charlie playing in his race car "ball pit" and I think that the below picture is final evidence that he's no longer a baby...he's a little boy.

Seriously - doesn't he look older than 1?

Picking up the ball pit has become somewhat of a treasure hunt because you never know what you will find - a sippy cup, raisins, Charlie's socks, magnets.  If Copper is ever lost I know the first place to check.

If I hadn't been so honest about my camera struggles, I could claim that the below picture was the result of some photography technique but the truth is that at the last second I pressed a weird button and all but a portion of Charlie's face disappeared.

In other random news, a bird flew into my window at work yesterday morning.  After an hour or so of recuperating (complete with checks every 15 minutes by myself or some of my co-workers), and a debate about whether I should offer him/her (our checks were not THAT thorough) some broken Wheat Thin crackers, it seems that Chipper McDee was back to a non-flying but walking kind of normal.  Then this morning, another bird was on my window ledge and "pecked" at my window a couple of times.  Clearly the windows in my office are too clean and I now have all of the justification I need to avoid washing our windows at our house - all in the name of saving the birds.   

1 comment:

  1. I love Charlie's eyes in those pictures! And I'm going to save the birds with you- no window-washing here!

    ReplyDelete