Lucy is officially 15 days old and making progress on her "meet and greet" list! Last weekend, Uncle Marty came to meet his newest niece and spend a little time with Charlie.
On Saturday, Aunt Molly, Uncle Mike and my nieces came (Emma, Claire and Hannah) came to meet Lucy. Molly was actually in the waiting room during Lucy's arrival but I failed to get any pictures of her with Lucy during the hospital stay. As you can see, Lucy was pretty happy to be on Molly's shoulder and I think that the feeling was mutual.
Lucy was held the entire time during their visit and loved every minute. Emma, Claire and Hannah were naturals and I told them that they could come to visit and baby-sit any time! Lucy and Emma...
Lucy and Claire...
Lucy and Hannah...
On Sunday, our friend Gavin stopped by on his way back to Kansas City. Although he may not want to admit it, I think that his big smile is indicative of the fact that he is ready to be a father :). Charlie was being particularly spunky during Gavin's visit so we offered to send Charlie to go stay with him for a few weeks and Charlie was ready to pack his bags. The plans changed before we were able to pack Charlie's bag, but Gavin promised that he could meet us in Lamoni to pick Charlie up at any time.
BJ had to be out of town for a few days this week so my mom came to help with the kids (it is still weird to think that I have more than 1) and she was a huge help with Charlie, Lucy and Copper.
Speaking of Copper, he is in the midst of another medical mystery of allergies and infections. He was also on a hunger strike for a few days, but I think that was more of a hunger strike due to Lucy's arrival and BJ's temporary absence than his allergies. At some point during the last two weeks he also threw up in our bedroom which, again, I believe was his form of protest over bringing another human being into our home. I still maintain that he will outlive all of us. His recent attention-seeking hiding spot is behind the toilet in the kids' bathroom. What a weirdo.
Lucy was able to take her first official bath this past week and she did great lounging in her little tub.
Nana Jan gave Lucy a tutu so I had to try it on her and snap a picture - it is both weird and nice to have pink girly things in our house!
I hate to jinx it, but Lucy has been a really content baby and very easy. She even slept a few 4-5 hour stretches during the night, which has been awesome. Charlie continues to be sweet with her although he has his moments with us when he is being a little stinker and misbehaving. Overall, he's done pretty well and we're just trying to give him some one-on-one time.
We're excited for more visitors this weekend!











Well, the part about picking Charlie up in Lamoni is certainly true. Any time.
ReplyDelete