Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall Fun

Our fall fun continued this past week.  My mom came for a quick visit on Monday to see the kids (I forgot to take any pictures) and her opinion regarding Lucy stayed the same - she's a keeper.

Steve and Jan came for a visit last Friday so BJ and I took full advantage and went out for dinner and to a movie.  We went to see "The Master" and it was the strangest movie that either of us had ever seen.  We actually left a little before the movie was over because this mama's time was up but I don't think that another 20 minutes would have provided much more clarity.  The only other movie I remember leaving early was "The Gangs of New York" because Cameron Diaz's attempt at an Irish accent was giving me a headache.

On Saturday, we went to Boone for a "Thomas the Train Day Out".  The weather was a little chilly, but I think that a good time was had by all.  We missed our allotted 10:00 time (I seriously underestimate the time that it takes me to do anything...I wrongly believe that we can all be ready and out the door in 45 minutes, 90 minutes later I am putting my shoes on and BJ is trying to be patient) so we boarded the train pretty early for the 11:00 ride.  The waiting time on the train provided ample opportunity for pictures and shenanigans with Jan's glasses and sunglasses.


If someone could teach the boy how to smile without squeezing his eyes shut, we would be eternally grateful.





Lucy was also in attendance on the train ride but I kept her pretty bundled up so I had to snap a picture of her later that day.  She hasn't lost any hair and it seems as dark as it did the day that she was born, but it has started to become kind of poofy.  I need to start taking a class on how to do hair because my solution is to keep it very short.  I was never able to master the art of curling my bangs in the 90s (hence I had my bangs, just my bangs, permed before my 5th grade picture - God bless my 5th grade self) and I don't ever remember putting my hair in a proper pony tail.  Let's hope that the pixie trend continues through Lucy's childhood years or that BJ has some secret hair-styling skills.
 Finally, brace yourself for the cuteness of Lucy in her "Sweet Pea" outfit that our friend Kathy gave us.  The outfit came with a little hat but Lucy wasn't feeling the hat.  Lucy might just dress as a sweet pea for this Halloween if I can think of a coordinating outfit for Charlie.  I asked him last night if he wanted to dress up like a carrot but he wasn't so sold on the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment