We decided last week to take a quick weekend road trip to Kansas City so that BJ and Charlie could go to the Chiefs game on Sunday. Because of our last-minute planning, we weren't able to see as many KC friends as we would have liked, but it was still great to be back in the area for the weekend.
We spent Saturday afternoon/evening in the Crown Center area which is basically kid-central. There is a children's museum, LegoLand and aquarium and guess what Charlie loved? The fountains in the middle of it all!
I guess it is fitting since Kansas City is known as the City of Fountains.
Charlie also loved eating dinner at Fritz's, which is a diner-type place where your food is delivered on a choo choo train that circles overhead. I'm no engineer so I still don't know how the food isn't dumped all over your head, but it worked and Charlie loved it. Here he is patiently (not at all) waiting for our food to arrive.
The next morning, our friend Gavin picked BJ and Charlie up for the big Chiefs game. While BJ was still working for the Chiefs, the stadium was undergoing a major renovation and each employee was able to add their names to a brick surrounding the stadium. Much to his surprise, BJ was able to find our "brick" and snap a quick picture before the game started. Clearly we have yet to solve the "Charlie - open your eyes" dilemma during photo shoots.
Lucy and I bummed around and did some shopping while the boys were at the Chiefs game. It was a pretty ugly game for the Chiefs, but luckily Charlie was more than impressed with the bucket of popcorn that he was handed. I'm not sure why Gavin is smiling in this picture because I don't think that Charlie shared any of that popcorn with him. Maybe next time :).
All in all it was a quick trip, but it was a fun little getaway. I'm not sure who was more excited about the game - BJ or Charlie. I have a feeling that this will become a tradition and before long (tear, tear), Lucy will be old enough for all four of us to attend. We better start saving our pennies now because who knows how much popcorn we will have to buy then!




No comments:
Post a Comment