Sunday, November 18, 2012

Three Month Update

The days/weeks/months keeping flying by and Miss Lucy is officially three months old.  


I still don't want to jinx anything, but Lucy continues to be a great baby - very easygoing and consistently sleeping through the night (10PM-6:30AM).  She loves to talk and be sang to.  She also thinks that Charlie is amazing and will try to find him whenever she hears his voice or sees him running past.  Luckily, the feeling remains mutual as Charlie still kisses his "baby Lucy" multiple times throughout the day and is always interested in her whereabouts.

My maternity leave ended on November 8th and since we didn't win the lottery, I went back to work.  I pretty much spent the last week of my leave soaking in every moment of her sweetness.  I wasn't sure how leaving another baby at daycare would go in comparison to leaving Charlie, but I can tell you that there were still plenty of tears.  In some ways, it was easier leaving Lucy because we know/trust/care about the staff at the daycare.  In other ways, it was much harder because I have a new appreciation for how quickly time passes.  I blinked and Charlie was one and I turned around and he'll be three in a few weeks.  If only life came with a giant pause button...and a fast forward button for those toddler tantrums!

We're excited for a short work/daycare week this week and look forward to spending some time with all of the cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment