The last two nights, Charlie has slept from around 10:30-4:30/5:00 and then went back to sleep until around 7:30. Woo-hoo! I know that I shouldn't get too cocky - he could easily remind me of who is in charge tonight or any other night, but having six hours of uninterrupted sleep has been awesome.
This morning as I was starting a load of laundry, I was telling Charlie, Copper and Ginger (hey - I'll take any audience that I can get) how wonderful uninterrupted sleep is and how it makes me feel like I can fully function. As Karma laughed under her breath, I noticed that I put Charlie's dirty diaper from earlier in the morning in our hamper. Sheepishly, I went to the garbage can in the garage where I found his pajamas. Oops. I guess my ability to "fully function" has yet to completely return. As long as I don't put Copper in the crib and Charlie in the dog kennel, I think I'll be ok.
Below are some pictures of Charlie under his little play gym, which was a gift from my friend Tara. He loves kicking his legs and looking at the elephant, monkey, lion and zebra. The play gym also plays a cute little song and Charlie tries to add his own two cents every now and again. It is a surefire way to entertain Charlie for 20 minutes.
You have the B.E.S.T. stories Carey. Love them!
ReplyDeleteSo it looks like we might be able to see you guys next month in KC....I hope it all works out, it's been way too long.