Weight: 12 lbs., 2 oz. (a full 3 lbs. more than when he was born)
Height: 23 1/4 inches (3 1/4 inches longer than when he was born)
No surprise, but Charlie is currently 75th percentile for his weight and 50th percentle for his height. They didn't give us the official measurement, but I'm pretty sure he's in the 100th percentile for cheek chubbiness/kissability.
We figured that he was growing, but it was nice to receive some official confirmation. I was nervous about Charlie receiving shots, but he took it like a champ - only crying for a minute and then smiling at us. The rotavirus vaccine was oral and let's just say that Charlie's love of eating was on full display! The nurse asked me to hold him upright as "most babies really dislike the taste of the vaccine and it's hard to get them to swallow." Well...not our Charlie Boy. He sucked on the syringe like it was the best thing he ever ate, shocking the nurse. Even she started laughing saying that in all of her years of being a nurse, she's never seen anything like that before. Who knew that the rotavirus vaccine was so tasty!
I was trying to get a few pictures of Charlie during tummy time. I think the picture taken below was right before he started to have a meltdown. He has yet to appreciate my need to give direction during our photo shoots. And yes, he and BJ share the same hairline.
We've had a busy couple of days. We meet my sister and nieces in Des Moines for some shopping and hanging out over the weekend and my mom came to visit on Monday and left this morning. It was nice to have an additional set of hands around and Charlie especially enjoyed the extra lovin' from his Grandma Kathy.
BJ and I think that Charlie may be as tall as his Grandma Kathy by Christmas.
He sure is growing fast already! Such a cutie, but I still can't figure out who he looks like, sort of leaning toward BJ, but not sure.
ReplyDeleteGlad his appointment went well and it wasn't too tramatic for him or Mom.