I think I've become delusional (or more delusional) since becoming a mom. We scheduled Charlie's 3-month photos for this afternoon at JCPenney. I spent hours thinking about what outfits he should wear and different poses he should strike, picked out a few clothing options from Baby Gap and meticulously trimmed his nails yesterday just in case they took a close up of his little hands. Long story short, BJ and I looked like fools trying to get him to smile while the JCPenney photo girl, who looked fourteen, kept giving us looks as though she was in physical pain. At one point I told her to start snapping some pictures so we may be blackballed from the JCPenney Photo Studio. Needless to say, there were no wardrobe changes and we were lucky to get one smiling photo.
On Friday my parents stayed with us on their way to Arizona. There were lots of "ooohs" and "aaahhhs" over Charlie. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for encouraging him, but if we keep acting impressed that he smiles and kicks his legs, he may never reach his true potential.
You can't tell in this picture, but Charlie's outfit reads "Feed Me" and is very fitting for his personality. I go back to work on Wednesday so I plan to spend the next two days holding Charlie as much as possible and and not thinking about going back to work.
Enjoy your next couple of days, Carey, and know that come Wednesday, both you and Charlie will be ok.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy the quiet time with Charlie for the next couple of days! You will always miss him but it does get easier to go to work each day and it makes the days off work so special!
ReplyDeleteI won't lie....it won't be easy. I had to reapply my make up after dropping Lauren off the first time. But she survived. And by the time she was able to walk, she would run away from me when I came to pick her up cause she loved it there so much. So hang in there kid. It'll be 100 times harder on you than Charlie!
ReplyDelete