Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Best Part of Waking Up...

is not Folgers in my cup, but seeing this little face in his crib every morning. 







We usually hear him babbling around 7:30 and when we walk in, we are greeted with huge smiles.  There is usually a very messy surprise waiting for us in his diaper too.  What a stinker, both literally and figureatively. 

Unfortunately, there is a very annoying 4 second delay with my digital camera so I have yet to capture one of the aforementioned smiles.  We held out buying a digital camera until 2007, apparently not convinced that digital was the wave of the future, so it might be another year before we are technologically caught up and have a camera that actually captures the moments that we would like.

A couple of other random pictures - the first is of Charlie in his bouncy seat in our bathroom.  He usually hangs out in there while I shower and get ready for the day, listening to me discuss the importance of hygiene and moisturizing.  The second is of Charlie holding his head up earlier today while I was showing him a few books and toys.


The red-eye reduction tool on my camera continues to taunt me.  I've spent Charlie's entire naptime this afternoon trying to remove the red eyes so you can all see his bright blue eyes.  Needless to say, a few curse words and 4 Reese's peanut butter eggs later, no luck.  I'm beginning to think that BJ was right - maybe they do put crack in the Reese's peanut butter eggs, I'm so addicted.

1 comment:

  1. I worked from home today, and seriously did things w/ peanut butter that no human being ever should! This kid needs to be born soon before I turn every craving I have into the next Oprah special on "Pregnant Mothers Who Binge While Working From Home"!!!

    We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck! And just remember, it'll be harder on you than him!

    ReplyDelete