On Friday night, our good friend Jen and her girls (Lauren, Reese and Paige) came to Cascade to meet Lucy. I didn't take any pictures but trust me when I say that her girls are adorable and Lucy was pretty fond of Jen.
On Saturday, Charlie and BJ got to spend some time with Max and Jenn and Lucy and I were able to spend some time with my brother Randy and his girls (Anna, Lauren and Julia) at their beautiful new home. I was apparently giving the silent treatment to my camera because again - no pictures - but trust me when I say that a good time was had by all.
By Saturday night, my camera apologized for whatever it did to upset me and we were speaking again. I snapped a few pictures of Lucy while at my parent's house.
Lucy and Emma
Lucy and Hannah
Lucy and my sister Molly
Then we retreated to Nana and Papa's house where Lucy enjoyed some cuddle time with Papa.
Sunday was the big day and let me just say that most eyes were on Charlie during the baptism because he was extra "spirited"...much to my chagrin. It was as if he knew that I couldn't leave the altar to have a Come to Jesus meeting with him.
A quick family picture before the festivities began (the extra cheesy smile from Charlie should have tipped me off that he was wound for sound).
Charlie "helping" to fill the baptismal fountain.
Charlie "helping" to make the sign of the cross on Lucy's head. I'm just glad that she left the baptism with both of her eyes.
An action shot! Lucy did great and barely flinched during the entire ceremony.
A quick picture of Lucy with her godparents (my brothers Randy and Marty). My brother Barney was taking the picture and we wondered aloud if he was too close and if it he was taking it from a bad angle. I can tell you the answer to both of those queries is YES!!
Lucy in her baptismal gown. One of the more special memories from the day will always be Lucy's outfit. Her baptismal gown was made from Jan's wedding dress and she wore a special cross pendant that my mom received for her First Communion years ago. I wish that I would have taken a picture of Lucy in her dress with Jan and my mom so we might have to restage some photos when we are back for Thanksgiving!
Following the baptism it was sheer chaos with Charlie running amok so the post-baptism pictures were short and sweet. Lucy with her Gehl grandparents.
Lucy and her Supple grandparents.
Following baptism we had a very fancy pizza and bowling extravaganza to celebrate the day. I even opened Lucy's wonderful gifts while the bowling festivities were underway but I made sure to announce who the gift was from so that it remained a fancy affair.












No comments:
Post a Comment