Monday, October 29, 2012

Visitor Catch-Up

We've been lucky to have visitors during the last week and, as usual, Charlie and Lucy received plenty of love and attention.

Charlie was particularly excited to have the "girls" (Emma, Claire and Hannah) here.  Why wouldn't he be?  He basically tells them what to do and they happily oblige (tickle me, play with me downstairs, chase me...).  I'm afraid that they are setting him up for future disappointment that girls will do exactly what he asks of them. 

 Claire and Lucy before bedtime.
 Emma and Lucy (these photos will always blow my mind because the pictures of me holding a two-month old Emma feel like last year instead of 13 years ago....can you hear "Cat's In the Cradle" in the background?).
 My parents came on Thursday and BJ and I snuck out for a few hours to go to a movie, which was really nice.  One of the few moments when Charlie wasn't running around like a mad man...
 I love the picture below of Lucy "talking" and smiling with my mom.  She may be little, but she has lots to say.  BJ called me during the day and Lucy was "talking" so much that I put BJ on speaker and let the two of them have a little chat.  I'm pretty sure that BJ got one word out for every ten of Lucy's "words"...that may never change.
 Copper won't let me forget about him when I am taking pictures.  The minute I get out the camera he barks excitedly and poses for me until I actually take a picture of him.  I'm not even kidding.
 My parents with little Lucy before they left on Friday morning.
 BJ's parents came on Saturday and BJ and I left again for a few hours to go out to dinner with some of my co-workers.  So between Thursday and Saturday night, I was out of the house without any kids for 5 hours, I feel like I spent an entire week away!    I know for certain that the picture below is the ONLY time while Nana and Papa were here that Charlie stood still.  It's as if his energy level rises when we have company and I'm still trying to figure out if I can somehow steal some of his energy because it is mind-boggling.
 Finally, a picture of Charlie to the rescue.  Whenever he sees Lucy awake without her pacifier, he immediately puts (i.e. shoves) it into her mouth.  We've tried to tell him that she may not want it, but he's pretty adamant that it is his job to ensure that she has it as much as possible.  I guess better the pacifier than one of his toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment