Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Two Months Old and Pumpkin Patch Visit

Lucy is officially two months old and it makes me a little sad - the days are flying by way too quickly!  We take her for a check-up this Friday, so I'll have her stats then but I can tell that she's getting a little bigger as she finally outgrew the newborn outfits and is filling out the 3 month outfits more. 

 Lucy continues to be a great baby and we are very thankful because the two-year-old has his moments so it's nice to have one quiet and compliant child for the time-being.  She's slept through the night a few times but otherwise will wake up once around 3:30-4:00, drink a bottle and fall right back asleep until 6:30-7:00.  I am not complaining!  As you can tell from these photos, she hasn't lost any hair and her hair continues to have natural volume :).  Lucy has also started smiling and "talking", which is such a fun stage.  With my luck, I hope to capture a picture on camera before she turns 2.
As evidenced by the "I'm so happy I am going to close my eyes and smile" grin, Charlie was excited to pose with his sister.  Seriously - how do we fix that smile before Christmas pictures? 

For all of his spunk and spiritedness, Charlie is so proud of Lucy. Whenever Lucy and I pick him up from daycare he proudly announces "that's my baby sister Lucy" to all of his friends before covering her face with kisses. So far Lucy seems to tolerate the attention but we are constantly telling him that he's kissed her enough and that he needs to give her some space.


 After Lucy's photo shoot, we took the kids to a local pumpkin patch for some fall festivities.

Charlie loved feeding the goats...

 and riding Cocoa...
 ...and going on a hay wagon ride (he refused to take his eyes off of the "farmer" driving the tractor)...
 and riding his way through the corn maze with BJ.
 Lucy was less than impressed but I assured her that it would be more fun for her next year.
 It was a struggle to get Charlie to sit for a photo and the one below is the best we could come up with - off center and it looks like Lucy and her car seat were photoshopped in.  Oh well - I'm sure that next year we'll be even more interesting with a 3 and 1 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment