We could have been stranded in Iowa for two weeks and Charlie would have been set with clothes, diapers, toys and books (yes, books because at 3:00 on Friday morning I decided that I should pack 4 books for him - I guess in case he wanted to pick up reading during his down time in the car). On the other hand, I realized on Sunday morning that I did not pack a "going home" outfit for myself. My my, how times have changed.
Friday night my parents hosted what BJ and I jokily referred to as "Charlie's Coming Out Party", or a night for some of my aunts and uncles to stop by and meet Charlie. Ironically, Charlie spent most of his "coming out party" by "staying inside" the back bedroom. I'd like to think that he wanted to stay mysterious so he decided to "be shown" in 1-2 minute increments every 45 minutes, but I think he was just a little fussy. Let's just say that it was his party and he cried (and did) if he wanted to! Needless to say, I failed to capture any evidence of this evening on camera.
On Saturday morning our good friends Troy, Jen and their daughters Lauren and Reese came to Cascade to meet Charlie. Laure and Reese are expecting a little brother or sister in a few months and both looked like pros holding Charlie.
Reese and Charlie
Lauren and Charlie (who was ready to eat again - what a shock)
Before baptism on Saturday night, we had Supple family pictures at Steve and Jan's house. In the midst of that photo shoot, I failed to take any pictures of Charlie and his cousin Max, but they enjoyed some great quiet moments together at Grandpa Steve and Grandma Jan's house. It will be very fun when Charlie gets older and can play (copy) Max.
Charlie napping on BJ's chest between family pictures and baptism.
After family pictures, we switched to baptism mode and I dressed Charlie in his heirloom baptismal outfit...or an all-white outfit that I found at Dillard's. The "options" when purchasing a baptismal outfit for an infant boy were horrendous. I'm talking mini white tuxedos with top hats. I sometimes dress my dogs in sweaters and even I think that the white tuxedos are ridiculous. So although nothing says "make me a Catholic please" like a one-piece Ralph Lauren outfit, it was the best that I could do.
Charlie did pretty well during the baptism, but he did wake up and start to cry when the actual holy water was poured over his head. My sister, Molly, and BJ's sister, Jenn, agreed to serve as Charlie's godparents and many little cousins witnessed the event as well. It was pretty dark in church, so the quality of the photos isn't the greatest.
Something must have amused us.
The mini-papparazzi.
Charlie and his Great Grandma Kate with the blanket that she made for him.
Charlie with his godparents.
Charlie and his Uncle Marty.
Please excuse the red eyes. The red eye reduction tool on my camera isn't working and I didn't even know that we were fighting.
Before we headed back to Kansas City on Sunday morning we stopped back at my parent's house and Charlie had a little more time to spend with some cousins. All in all, it was a busy, but great weekend. We hope that the next time we are back that we have more time to spend with everyone.










No comments:
Post a Comment