Sunday, January 17, 2010

And the Golden Globe for Saddest Baby Goes To....

Charlie Stephen Supple - for his performance beginning at 5:50 PM on Saturday, January 16th and ending at 1:00 AM on Sunday, January 17th.  He would like to thank his parents for being the sole audience members of this memorable performance. 

For reasons unknown to us, Charlie decided to truly test his lung capactiy last night and we couldn't do a darn thing to stop him.  We fed him, burped him, changed his diaper, rocked with him, sang to him, gave him tummy time, gave him "alone" time in his crib, swayed with him, swaddled him, unswaddled him...all in that order and about 10 different times.  Finally, around 1:00 in the morning, he waved his little white flag to surrender and fell asleep.  At some point during the night I was transported back in time when I used to baby-sit and I was trying to think of what I did when I couldn't get the baby to calm down.  It dawned on me - I would call the parents and tell them to come home to calm their baby down.

This morning as we were getting him ready to run some errands and all in a much better mood, we had a little chat with Charlie Boy about last night.  Initially, Charlie declared it a victory for babies throughout the country by making the "V" sign with his arms.




But then, he realized that life is much better for everyone with less crying.  Upon this realization, he raised his little left hand and swore that he wouldn't cry as much tonight as he did last night.  So far, he's kept his promise.


Here's to hoping that you all had a great weekend and that you will have a lovely beginning to the week.

3 comments:

  1. O how I remember those days &nights. Keep it up Charlie you figured it out already how to get your parents attention. Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BJ and Carey, he is getting to be that age, 3-5 weeks old, they start liking to be heard. Anna had her occasional bouts but Abigail liked to do it more often. You think you may just end up in divorce with each other and then the sun comes up, the baby smiles and you live another day :) Love,Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun times...been there...still there some nights:-) Charlie sure looks like he is growing like crazy. I still can't figure out who he looks like yet. Sure wish we were able to see you guys when you were back in Iowa. take care!

    ReplyDelete