Thursday, January 28, 2010

Like Mommy, Like Son

Charlie loves him some massage...a boy after my own heart!  He and I attended an Infant Massage Class last night that was sponsored through our local "Parents as Teachers" program.  Although the instructor was less than stellar (she threw out wise nuggets such as "do not use so much pressure as to hurt your baby" or "if your baby doesn't like the massage, stop"), the other moms had some great suggestions.

There were about 10 other moms in the class and one mom came in wearing pearls, red high heels and carrying her TWINS.  Dang!  I thought I was doing good.  The other moms and I exchanged wistful glances, secretly knowing that if this was a contest, she would have won the tiara for the day.  Charlie thoroughly enjoyed his 40 minute massage with lavender-scented lotion and it was a nice to meet a few other moms in the area.  Below is a picture of Charlie post-massage just smiling and hanging out.




In other big news, between a combination of swaddling, Charlie discovering that he can suck on his hand and praying to God (I promise I will stop watching episodes of  "Jersey Shore" and "Real Housewives of Orange County" if you help Charlie like his crib again...), Charlie has had some great nights in his crib.  There is a new episode of "Real Housewives of Orange County" on tonight but I stand by my deal with God.  I wonder if reading an online recap of the show counts...

No comments:

Post a Comment