Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hawkeye Fans - Avert Your Eyes

You've been warned.


In honor of Grandpa Steve and Grandma Jan's visit this weekend and the KU/ISU game that BJ and Steve attended, Charlie sported a little Iowa State ensemble (courtesy of Aunt Molly).  We all agreed that he looked like a future linebacker in this outfit, chubby cheeks, double chin and all.



For those of you who have any interest in seeing a picture of BJ from 32 years ago, just look at the picture of Charlie above.  It was great to get to see Steve and Jan again and BJ and I were even able to go out Friday night for a few hours with our friends Nick and Catherine.  We think that Charlie was pretty good for the 3 hours that we were gone, but I don't think that Grandma or Grandpa would let us know if he wasn't! 






I forgot our camera when we were Nick and Catherine on Friday night, but they gave us an awesome bag of college-themed goodies for Charlie.  How cute!

Go Knights!  The slippers are adorable.



Go Panthers!  The back of the hat says "I'm Just Here for the Tailgate." 

Go Hawkeyes!  Hopefully this ensemble will redeem the 12 hours he spent in Cyclone gear on Saturday.

Now if only saving for college was as easy as dressing him in cute college gear...

Eleven years ago today BJ and I had our first date and nine years ago we were engaged.  In honor of these momentous anniversaries, I held off sporting my fuzzy pink bathrobe until mid-afternoon.  It was a big day. 

4 comments:

  1. Aside from the icky colors and the ISU logo on Charlie's clothes, he looks so adorable in these pictures! And what a cute idea for the Wartburg (my personal faves), UNI, and Hawkeye stuff. Happy first-date and engagement anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Eleven years since the first date...my how time flies. Congrats on the anniversary & getting a night out! Charlie is sure growing fast and is definitely resembling his father!! Looks like Grandma got him laughing pretty good. I have to say...I think he'd look much better in either the orange & black or the purple & gold! :-) Kathy G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make a comment about this post, but upon first site of ISU gear, my eyes burned so badly I couldn't scroll down any farther!

    11 years....and I'm sure the honeymoon is still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eleven years ago B.J. called me in Minneapolis to ask about sending you balloons. :)

    ReplyDelete