I'm not sure how bright Charlie's future in baseball may be. I have three vivid memories of little league softball. One, I thought that it was gross that we had to share batting helmets. Didn't they realize that lice could be carried from helmet to helmet? Two, during one practice I took a slow-moving groundball to the shin. I crumpled like a used tissue. The dad who was coaching us came out, asked me if I was ok and I told him that I would be fine but that I would probably need to "sit out a few games." The dad/coach laughed out loud and told me to rub my shin for a second and that I would be fine. Three, I was playing first base and spacing out as I was staring at the ground below me. I saw a shadow on the ground and yelled "I got it" - thinking that it was a fly ball. Well, the pitcher was still holding the softball and the shadow was due to a bird flying overhead. Oops.
I love that even at such a young age, you were worried about germs, lice, and the hazards of sharing batting helmets. Some things never change, huh? : )
ReplyDeleteLet's all pray, for Charlie's sake, that he gets at least 2 things from him father.
ReplyDelete1. His ability to not think like his mother about germs, lice and food (i.e. able to eat a burger w/o processing the cows entire life journey and the hazards it could have been exposed to from the time it was born until it made it to your plate.)
and 2. BJ's athletic ability!
I just came across the e-mail Josey sent me with the link to this blog so I've been spending the last few minutes reliving what it's like to have a little baby :(
ReplyDeleteCharlie has gotten so big since I saw him! He's a cutie, and I would say, a mini-BJ!
I cracked up when I read your comment about him being taller than Kathy :)
Hope everything else is going good!