Wednesday, December 29, 2010

...And We're Walking

Just in time for Christmas, Charlie started walking last week.  He was pretty unsteady at first, taking between 6-10 steps before dropping to the floor but he is officially walking from room to room at our house and prefers to walk rather than crawl. 

Christmas seemed to come and go in a flash this year.  We stayed in Norwalk on Christmas Eve to celebrate BJ's birthday and so that Santa could be sure to find Charlie.  BJ and I were ready to capture the magic of Christmas morning with our camera and video camera and although we were able to catch some smiles when Charlie when checked out his new activity table, blocks, radio and puzzle.







I was particularly excited about the activity table because it includes both English and Spanish and I'm looking to brush up on my Spanish.  Seriously, I am.  I took four years in high school, but our "spanish 4" (or quatro for you bilingual readers) trip involved a drive into Dubuque to eat at Chi-Chi's and go to the movie "Selena" starring Jennifer Lopez.  I'm not saying that the quality of the course was sub-par, but let's just say that I remember ordering a grilled chicken sandwich at Chi-Chi's, but can't remember how to order the same in Spanish. 

On Christmas Day, we went back to Cascade to celebrate with our families.  There were lots of presents and great food, but the one thing that was lacking was any great group pictures by me.  I was bound and determined to get a family pictures of the 3 of us, but Charlie pulled his "wet noodle" trick every time that he noticed the camera...as evidenced in the forgettable string of pictures below.







I'm not sure what to do with the wet noodle phase - I ignore him when he starts to to turn into a wet noodle but ignoring him isn't really a good option when I'm trying to have a picture taken.  I suggested that his New Year's resolution be to stop doing the wet noodle, but he didn't seem that interested in my suggestion.

Here's to hoping that Santa found all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment